The trend of software technology is unpredictable for the future but it will develop for the better sue to increase in demand of technology students or the growth in IT sector. Keeping oneself updated is utmost important to thrive in this ever evolving world. Being in college, students learn the basics and till the time they reach at the desk of their first job, things are not the same. But the core concept Arya College of imparting knowledge goes far beyond mere subject knowledge.
According to a survey, there are certain things that a Computer science engineering students should focus on:
- Mobile platform: The IT revolution has probably reached a billion people of the world so far. In the next few years, it will reach the next billion. These will be a very different set of people. Many of them will be illiterate, so you need to focus on non-text, non-English interfaces that include video, animations, and voice recognition. Most of the people do not have money or electricity for computers, so mobile devices will rule which indicates that you should start playing with mobile platforms like Android.
- Ease of use: As IT touches the lives of more and more people, less and less of them will be “computer savvy”, and will view computing devices as something that needs to be learnt. People are constantly moving towards the stuff that lends them ease of use. Owing to this we have moved from the bulky computers to a smart phone in present date. Consequently, the products that will succeed will be the ones that are easy to use and making something easy to use is rather difficult.
- Computer Science Fundamentals: It is important to note that too much emphasis on specific programming and specific “technologies” is a mistake. Whatever the future holds, you will be well served by knowing the basic theory of computer sciences. Learn data-structures and algorithms. If you don’t have a favorite data-structure, and an algorithm that you find beautiful, then your computer science education is incomplete.
- Presentation based on client interest: Presentation know-how is one of the most important skills that computer science students lack. It’s equally important to have the knowledge of presentation which requires one to spend as much time learning it as you spent on programming languages, and computer science subjects. To excel this art, it is a must to well interpret what the user/reader/client wants to know rather than what you want to tell that too in an interesting manner.
- Fundamentals of Economics: Basically, if you understand the fundamentals of economics, you can see and understand what drives people and technologies and success and failure a lot better than people who do not understand it.